Working with Bryan Lence in 1210 to create a surf report and alert application that works across mobile, web, and tv devices.
The idea is:
- you would be able to get alerts if weather and condition data plus user generated feedback meet your minimum requirements. In other words, if it's 3-4 ft faces and your buddies are saying it's good, you get out of bed.
- once you're awake, turn on your tv and see real time and captured footage from different beaches, so you can decide where you want to go.
- you're on the road, the same info is on your phone, along with directions and traffic.
- user uploads via textmarks & php/mysql
- national weather service RSS feed
- ip cams at beaches (this one may prove difficult)
- Adobe air app to bring it all together and display it on the tv.